Re: UK Shows - Spitfire Tarmacrobatics Team

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: UK Shows - Spitfire Tarmacrobatics Team
From: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 11:38:38 +0100
Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:

>It is time for the Emergency Food Aid parcel?   Traditionally I send the
>following to American friends:
>
>Marmite
>Branston Pickle
>Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chocolate
>Mature Cheddar
>Stilton

Marmite eh?, a certain lister (who shall remain nameless), who after
tasting this delicious substance (following my preparation guidelines
and therefore not spreading it like chocolate spread like most marmite
amateurs) asked me if it was a "joke". I insisted that it wasn't a joke
and that's what we all eat in the UK (some of us anyway).

Ahhh well, she's the one missing out! :)

>>Now we do get Cadbury's eggs and mini eggs ( made by Hershey over here
>>- don't eat their normal stuff) and they don't last in our house.
>>

>A friend of mine works for one of the world's largest manufacturers of
>aluminium chocolate wrappers, and she frequently travels to Hershey for
>meetings, returning with lots of free samples.   She struggles to give
>them away back in Blighty.

Hershey is horrid... then again Cadbury's isnt that great... but it's
not as bad as the "cheap advent calendar" taste of  Hershey bars.

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit - NASS #180 - TATTY ID: XOO :)