Need a suggestion...

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need a suggestion...
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:52:27 -0800
After receiving the correct circlip for the one that seemed to be missing from
my stub axle (!), I reassembled the suspension just awhile ago and was feeling
quite pleased with myself -- until I tried to insert the bolts between the
outer axle flange and diff flange.  They can only be inserted one way, with
the head of the bolt on the inside, otherwise, the threaded side will sheer
off against the allen head bolts for the bearing retaining plate on the diff.

Only trouble is -- I see no way to insert the bolts because I can't gain the
necessary clearance to insert them the correct way.  Where did I go wrong
here??  Was I supposed to bolt up the inner axle connection BEFORE I installed
the vertical link and radius arm?  As you might imagine, I'm none too happy
right now.

I see no other way around this problem, unless I'm missing something...

TIA.

Jeff