Re: Monza header, accelerator cable, and brake fluid

To: "George P." <ygpz4re@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Monza header, accelerator cable, and brake fluid
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:19:44 -0700
George,

 I would have thought that your current GE and and any other DOT 5
silicon would be fine and would mix OK. To put the LMA in you would want
to flush all the all DOT 5 out even though I have heard tales of mixing
and it's OK. But I would not. You never know what chemical effects and
also the actual fluid compression properties may be ruined.  Given the
cost of flushing and the time I would just put another DOT 5 in. I have
seen it at NAPA and even in some supermarkets.

For the Pertronix, I have one - it's about 2 years or more now. I also
have a Crane PS20 coil and works fine. The Pertronix simply has two
wires coming out to the + and - coil terminals. Only problem I had is
that the location was different with respect to the Allison ignition
system that was in, so I had to reset the timing. But saying that I have
never touched the Pertronix since.

Alan