Re: >>NASS clutch adjustment/follow-up.......DOH!!!!!

To: "D T Gebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: >>NASS clutch adjustment/follow-up.......DOH!!!!!
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:24:04 -0500
No need to remove the rear plate to do a clutch job!
Also, did you get good bolts (i.e. from a Spit parts vendor),
or did you just get whatever your local hardware sold?

Generally, I do not see a real need to replace all these bolts
(assuming they are not corroded or damaged).  They are
unlikely to be worn out from repeated removal and reassembly, and
the oils leaks usually ensure that they are not corroded. :-)
Replacing the lockwashers is not such a bad idea, though.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit