RE: TESTERS NEEDED- INTERMITTENT WIPER CONTROL

To: "Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net \(E-mail\)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TESTERS NEEDED- INTERMITTENT WIPER CONTROL
From: "Keith A. Bay" <kabay@wi.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:11:14 -0600
Richard & Daffy

> How about an added bit of circuitry to give you 3-4 wipes of the screen
> when you use the washer, like modern cars have?

You will have to take this up with Ed. Nice idea but I don't think it would
work with the GT6 (and pre-early 70's Spitfires) as the 'washing' action is
invoked by pushing the washer button which manually pumps the fluid (no
electronics involved). So there is no way to electronically 'sense' that the
washers have been used.

> When I used to own an MG BGT about 5 years ago I recall the MG Owners
> Club sold similar devices ...  This one worked by detecting two
> operations of the wiper switch within 20 seconds; the wipers would
> continue to operate intermittently AT THE SAME INTERVAL (thereby giving
> variable duration control) until the switch was again activated.

Ed's unit has a rheostat that can be remotely placed so the interval can be
varied as desired. It is not just a fixed intermittent interval. I
fabricated a plate to mount the rheostat on on the steering column across
from the trip odometer reset knob.

Keith A. Bay
Hartland, WI
'73 GT6 MkIII  #KF20729U

NASS - North American Spitfire (& GT6) Squadron
VTOW - Vintage Triumphs of Wisconsin