Re: [triumph_herald] Re: Seats

To: jdeeks@rm.com
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] Re: Seats
From: JohnZissler@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:06:49 EST
Jon, The rear seat was a bit of a headache. I toyed with the idea of just
covering the existing Herald seats with that nice grey cloth. Then I decided
to fit the Escort rear seats in the Herald. This had slight problems, the
main one being the Herald is a lot narrower than the Escort. So I just cut
the Escort seat in two and made it narrower then stitched the two halves
together. The bottom bit of the rear seat fitted ok, but it was the back seat
that didnt. It all depends on whether you are any good at stitching (or know
someone who is ). For the extra comfort I thouight it was worth the hassle.

Happy Spitting...................John (in the United Kingdom)
Spit Mk II (1966) in bits..or as some would say (in restoration)
Spit Mk III donor car     ( I am nearly a collector)
Mk IV chassis with all running gear.......(I AM a collector)
Outgoing mail is Virus Free.