Re: Forwarded: Temperature guage

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Forwarded: Temperature guage
From: "Michael Altomare" <maltomar@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:32:08 -0500
I had the same problem on my '77 1500.  After verifying that the thermostat
was good and the sending unit was new, I calibrated the gage by putting
ceramic resistors in the wire leading to the sending unit until the gage
needle sat on the hot line when the wire was grounded.  After doing this,
the needle would sit near the middle mark when the engine was warmed up to
normal operating temperature.

Michael Altomare
'77 Spitfire 1500
Kennesaw, GA