Re: Badging blues

To: "Joe Curry" <Spitlist@gte.net>, "Andre Rousseau" <andrer@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Badging blues
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 21:25:27 -0800
I just wanted to offer a public thanks for the excellent suggestion of the
two-sided automotive adhesive tape.  I ground off the pins from my broken
badges this evening, pieced everything together on one side of the tape, then
used an exacto knife to trim around the badges while I watched "My Wife and
Kids" and the "George Lopez Show" on TV.  By the time the hour was up, both
the Spitfire & Mk3 badges were neatly trimmed out, and just as Joe said, the
fractures are really difficult to detect.  I also managed to cover all the
holes nicely, including the extra one I drilled when trying to get the %$@#!
repro badge to fit, so everything worked out GREAT!

Thanks again for the terrific tip!

Jeff