1500 Spit Pannel Gap!!

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 Spit Pannel Gap!!
From: "Tom Marshall" <tommarshall@roadrunner50.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 10:11:05 +0100
Right here we go. I looked at a 1976 Spit 1500 today ( intending on =
purchasing it ) BUT the gap round the door is terrible. I have been told =
this is problem is probably because the car has had new sills on it and =
the car wasnt supported properly when they were fitted. now the car =
needs one of the sills replacing anyway so i should really get them both =
done IF i buy the car. The question is car you can succesfully =
re-straighten / re-align the pannel gaps.=20
Also what sort of price are we talking about. Now i have found a =
supplier who does the sills for =A324 each and its local so no P&P, but =
as i dont weld myself what is it going to cost to have the sills removed =
and the new ones welding in (=A3=A3) ??=20

other than this the drivers side floor pan is a little thin and may need =
replacing soon, this shouldt be to hard to do so im not that worried =
about it.=20

The goos news it that the car started first time ( off jump leads ) 1st =
time for 3 months and the chassis and most mechanical stuff is in sound =
condition or new.=20

Cheers
Tom "I hope its a bargain for =A3650 " Marshall

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
frown.gif]