on the road again....

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: on the road again....
From: "George P." <ygpz4re@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 08:34:56 -0400
Well, gang, it seems I've got another problem licked.  Had the Spit out last
night to see if the new radiator cap would solve my near over-heating
problem.  Sure enough, a little 60 mile jaunt and the guage never went above
the 3/4 mark (it was way over that previously).  And I could see the guage
moving up and down as the thermostat opened/closed and the fans cycled on
and off.  So I'm a happy camper.

BTW, someone asked about having fans stay on after the key is off.  That's
exactly how mine are set up.  I have a three position switch hidden under
the dash (near the trip odo reset knob).  All the way back is on all the
time, middle position is off, forward position is on/off thermostatically
controlled (with a little temp sensor on the radiator).  Works really well
as long as I don't leave the switch in the rear position (DOH!!).  ;-)

Still seems to be very fuel thirsty, though.  I'll have to look into that
next.  That, and getting my electronic distributor back in so I can return
the generously loaned points distributor to its rightful owner....

Anyway, one more problem checked off.

George P.