RE: tappets

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Subject: RE: tappets
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@ivwnet.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 07:14:56 -0500
I went to bed last night and woke up to a bevy of personal emails to me.
Sorry I started something.  It was not my intent.

Hot/Cold, doesn't matter to me...  I was just talking about doing it with
the engine running.  That is how I was taught.  That is how I have done it
forever.  That is the way Dad did it for years with no ill effects.  I've
always used the published (I believe .10 but don't quote me) cold number.
So I guess I may be a little wide if the engine is warm.  I usually do this
right after "roughing" it in cold, so really the engine is semi cold.

Sorry if I messed any of you up.  I was just stating how I do it.  The way I
was taught.  They way I was told was correct.  I've never had a problem.  Do
it the way the manual states and you'll be safe.  I'll continue to do it
running.

Bill