Broken down on the M25

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Broken down on the M25
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:15:50 +0100
Hi Spitters,

I was traveling along slowly in typical M25 traffic. The engine was slowly
reducing its idle - until it decided to die. I got pushed off the motorway by
a nice Porcshe 911 driver. From there I tried a few more times - but it just
turned over - if I remember correctly - and it wasnt just the fumes of the M25
- it was a bit smokey and smelly too.

The car didnt overheat - it was running slightly hotter than usual - but no
more so than when Ive been stuck in traffic before - but it didnt overheat.

There I waited until a recovery guy came and took a look.

The car now started, but didnt want to idle anything under 1500rpm. So the guy
adjusted the idle and I was on my way. I took the next exit and headed home
instead of work. I drove about 25 miles until I broke down - and then 25
back.

So, a fuel supply problem - but why won't it go below 1500??

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit