Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] It's the head gasket!

To: <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] It's the head gasket!
From: "Mike Chambers" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 21:31:52 -0600
You said you just replaced the head gasket?  Did you use an early style
gasket (flat block surface) on a later block with the recess cut in the
block around the cylinders?   I accidentally did that a long time ago and
made it about a mile before it blew through.  It looked just like your
pictures.
MikeC