Body off resto

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Body off resto
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:55:06 -0500
I have a question for you listers, that have stripped the body, repaired,
painted, then reassembled.
I have a '73 Spit. I have driven it and know the clutch and transmission are
bad. I have been buying parts for the last year or so, but haven't done
anything more than remove the seats and carpet to inspect the floorpan.
The floor is solid except for a crack, from the driver seat, left front
mount to the door panel and a pinhole in the driver floor area. I was
scraping off the rust bumps with a screwdriver when I saw daylight!
Here is my question. I just got permission to use a 50X100 foot building,
next to my house. I told the guy I would only need it for a couple of
months. Is that enough time to remove and strip the body, paint it and
reinstall it?
I bought a mig welder, big compressor and have plenty of tools, but haven't
bought a paint sprayer yet.
I know this is kind of vague, but is two months enough time for this and
since the windshield is good can you remove it without destroying the rubber
seal?

Larry
'73 Spitfire
'77 Spitfire