RE: Spitfire stumbles at about 3500rpm

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spitfire stumbles at about 3500rpm
From: <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 11:26:29 -0700
Roger, my problem was locking the shaft at half turned position at idle, when I
set the sync when I put on my twin su's. The mechanism had not returned all the
way back and so the carbs would hit their stops with the butterflies only half
open. It would rev fine obviously without load when tuning so I never noticed
until I was on the road.
Just something to check.

Alan