RE: Tilton Brake Master

To: "Spit list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tilton Brake Master
From: "Joe Frakes" <joe@ados.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 00:02:13 -0700
Typically these are single master cylinders.  For brake applications, two
would be required with a balance bar between them to adjust front to rear
bias.  They can be a real headache to get worked out.  We used them on a
dirt track stockcar.  Not sure if you could make room for two in a Spit
anyway.

For what it's worth, I also use one for the clutch on my '55 Chevy and they
will hold up quite well for street applications.  I have put at least 40,000
miles on mine with no problems whatsoever.

>I have a friend who has a Tilton 1" universal brakke master.  This is a
larger diameter than the >Spitfire, what differences will it make that I
should consider?