Re: manifold studs

To: "Lambert, Iain" <Iain.Lambert@compaq.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: manifold studs
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:11:38 -0700
Iain,

I removed my manifold studs recently and found that they came out rather
easily.  You do NOT need to remove the head to remove the studs, but bear in
mind that you may have some coolant pour out of the hole once you've removed
it, so have your replacement at the ready.  If you have enough good thread
left, simply screw on two nuts, tighten them together, then remove the stud by
turning the innermost nut counter clockwise.  If your threads are too shot to
do this, then a pair of vice grips should do the job.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'68 Spitfire Mk3 frame off, bare metal project, aka "Mrs. Jones"
'70 GT6+ "Accidental", eventual restoration project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Photos, How-To's, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net