Re: electrical guru, please!

To: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>,
Subject: Re: electrical guru, please!
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:11:54 -0400
I was inspired to run outside and measure the leakage on my car.
It was 0.15 microamperes.  That's less than a MILLIONTH of an Amp!

Like I mentioned before, there were lots of variations of those regulator
modules made by Lucas and others, and some may have a lot
more leakage than others.  If I cared, I could look at the regulator
schematic in my Bentley book and try to estimate the circuit's leakage...
But I think 9mA is totally unnecessary and excessive.

While I was at it, I measured the current draw of lights:

Parking lights: 5.0 amps
Headlights and parking lights: 10.1 amps.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit