Re: Spitfire OD Gear shift lever

To: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire OD Gear shift lever
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 01:13:00 -0400
I replaced mine when it suddenly disintegrated as I was driving along.
(And I have OD).  I had no trouble getting the part from TRF at
the time (5 years ago).

You have to remove a thick snap ring that holds it in place.
The only difference in the procedure for a OD gearshift, I
believe, is that you have to know how to remove the knob.
(Hint: you CAN'T simply unscrew it.)

Doug Braun
'72 Spit