RE: Slow RPM with Lights On x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>,
Subject: RE: Slow RPM with Lights On x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 10:36:24 -0400
I don't think the presence or lack of EFI or electronic ignition is
a key factor.  Modern cars tend to have much more powerful engines
(in case you haven't noticed!) so the extra load of the alternator
is insignificant.  Also, cars with computerized EFI usually
have some sort of electronic idle control that can adjust
the throttle setting to keep the idle RPM stable.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit