Re: HS2's

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HS2's
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 16:14:50 -0400
If the jets tend to stick when you deactivate the choke,
you may need jet rebuild kits.  I got nice OEM ones from Rimmers
last year.  Also order half a dozen of the thin aluminum washers
that go between the jet and the jet centering nut.  If you
need to re-center the jets you really have to replace the
washers, as they get crushed.

Make sure the needles are not scored near the base from being
mis-centered in the jets.

Naturally, check the throttle shaft for wear.

Also make sure the pistons do not tend to rub against the
sides of the cylinders.  Look for scoring.

Cheaper rebuild kits generally do not contain things like
jets and needles.  They contain mostly gaskets.  When
is the last time you saw a gasket wear out?

Be sure the throttle and choke linkages are properly
set up to work both carbs exactly the same.

That should get you started :-)

Doug Braun
'72 Spit