first autox of 2002

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: first autox of 2002
From: "Dave G." <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:20:44 -0500
Spitlisters:
    I just completed the years first autocross. In my class (FSP) I had two
2000 S-10 sonomas with one being the X-trem model. I came in second to the
X-trem but what makes me feel good is the fact that he had to take out the
right side headlight to create a sort of cold air ram type device. That
along with his KONI adjustable shock and some massive grip tire made him
beat me by ONLY 1.14 seconds. My 25 yr old SPITFIRE ran like a champ!!!
    FWIW I ran with about 48 psi on the front tires and about 33 psi on the
back tires. I use BFG euro 185-70H-13's.
    It was a great weekend!!!!
            Dave Gebhard
            1977 Spit