Re: Window Winder pins removal

To: tom.omalley@verizon.net
Subject: Re: Window Winder pins removal
From: gary durham <gjdurham@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:47:56 -0600
Tom,

Finally!  : )
I have always used a curved and /or straight pair of slender Hemostats
(sp?).  You know, the 'surgical clamps' for blood vessals?  Anyway,
they're cheap as far as 'specialy' tools go, and are only about 1/3 the
diameter of needle nose pliers.  Neat thing with these, is that they
actually 'clamp' the pin, holding it steady, which allows you to then
thread it like a needle.

As for the door panal, I just use a rubber coated pair of pliers.  That
is, the 'curve' of one handle nicely 'wedges' the panal from the plastic
disc, compressing the spring.

Ergo!  Piece of cake!  (well, after a dozen or two times through the
years, anyway :)

Gary