Re: Window Winder pins removal

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Window Winder pins removal
From: Dan Canaan <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 13:51:17 -0800
At 04:29 PM 4/3/02 -0500, Tom O'Malley wrote:

>Ah!  But will this work if you've installed the tension spring?  I
>confess my spit still goes without because the spring is so difficult
>to compress.  I may have created a problem for myself in that I've
>replaced the original backing board with tempered hardboard.
>It's pretty stiff.  Do other spit owners manage to get the spring,
>spacer and handle all back together without gouging things up?

It can be a challenge, but the spring will compress and make it fit.  If
you have changed panels though to a thicker material, then you're fighting
against that as well.  There is no law that you MUST use the spring that
came with the car though.  Check out the spring selection at your hardware
store and you might find a lighter spring that may do the trick for
you.  Another option is to clip a couple of coils out of the spring and
then install it.