RE: { NASS } Brake Master Cylinder

To: <nass@yahoogroups.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: { NASS } Brake Master Cylinder
From: "Jon" <triumph@bigolbear.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:20:47 -0500
John,
This may have come up before, I've only done a partial archive search, but
I've seen opinions from various corners that the rubber in the seals in the
British car hydraulics wasn't formulated to handle silicone based fluids. Is
this valid or myth? I'd originally planned on using the silicone fluid when
I reassemble my spitter, then decided not to after seeing those, now I'm not
sure. What's your take on the subject? I'd rather not risk a new paint job,
on the other hand- I don't want to be tearing down my hydraulics right after
a rebuild!
Thanks!
Jon
'77 (mostly) 1500 "Ol' Yeller"