RE: Emissions fun, EGR vacuum from where?

To: "John Weale" <jweale@eskimo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Emissions fun, EGR vacuum from where?
From: "Rob T. Getzinger" <RTGetzinger@scif.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:17:18 -0800
John, It is more complicated than you think. If you connect it to a constant
vacuum you will be very high on the CO's at idle. I'm away from my Calif smog
spit but you have to find where the vacuum is progressive. No vacuum at idle,
and then comes on as rpm's increase. I'll check mine out tonight. I believe
that there was another smog piece that shut down the flow through the EGR at
very high RPM, but the test only goes up to 2500? RPM. Best of luck. My 74 took
6 tries to pass.
Rob