Emissions fun, EGR vacuum from where?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Emissions fun, EGR vacuum from where?
From: John Weale <jweale@eskimo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:18:08 -0800 (PST)
Yup, emissions season in CA again.  Somewhere over the past year, the
vacuum hose connecting my EGR valve to the carb (a Zeinth Stromberg on a
stock 1980) has disappeared.  Now, after an embarassing amount of looking,
I can't find where the stupid hose connects to the carb.  I am concerned
it may have connected into one of those high-quality emission bits that
used to be attached to the side of my carb (a blank plate has replaced
what I think was an idle air regulator, which escaped to a new life
somewhere along the road last year).  Any 1500 owners willing to pop their
bonnet and give me a hint on where the EGR hooks into the carb - throttle
side, bottom, screwed on attachement to carb body?  Should I pick up a new
idle regulator to get the connection (the Moss link below shows my missing
bit, number 9)?  I'm pretty sure I can pass the sniffer test, I just need
to find some realistic place to stick that stupid vacuum connection to
pass the visual!

Thanks for any help!

John Weale

The idle air regulator is shown at:
http://www.mossmotors.com/cgi-bin/db2www/mossmotors/MossUSA/Shop/ViewProducts.mac/report?T=36244&PlateID=3984#TOP
Now if only the #@!$ EGR hose were shown connecting to that picture of a
carb...

1980 "British Racing Orange" Triumph Spitfire - The Fun Sportscar
1988 Porsche 944 - The Practical 4-seater Hatchback