Re: CV Boot Replacement

To: Greg Rowe <growe58@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: CV Boot Replacement
From: Nolan <foxtrapper@softhome.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 14:34:43 -0500
This isn't a front wheel drive half shaft though, it's my Triumph
Spitfires driveshaft.  That isn't so cheap, and I'm having fun playing
with it.   :-)

I've already shortened it myself, next step is balancing.  I could just
swap another good CV joint off one of my other Spitfire driveshafts
(they just slip onto the end of the driveshaft), but I don't want to do
that just yet.  I'm having fun playing!

Finally found a product catalog for a CJ joint manufacturer that listed
the critical dimensions of the various boots.  Looks like a Tercel inner
boot might do the job.