Re: can't remember how it goes back together!

To: frank@zk3.dec.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: can't remember how it goes back together!
From: Dave <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 10:57:40 -0800
Douglas, here's a link to a .jpg of the shop manual page. This is
for a Plus but I think a Mk3 will be pretty much the same.
http://home.sprintmail.com/~kc3565l/_images/GT6_heaterdetail.jpg

I wonder just how necessary all of the extra hoses and eyeball
vents are and if it would be more efficient to just have the
outlets dump right into the footwells like on a MkI?

On my MkI, the choke cable passes through the firewall in the
same hole as the heater valve cable.  It goes right across the
positive battery terminal, so I have a piece of rubber hose
fastened around the cable housings for insurance.
Dave

Douglas Frank wrote:

- - you know those Y-pieces in the ventilation hoses (where the hoses
branch to the footwell and dash vents)-- what do the Y's attach to?
(And before you yell at me, YES I took pictures during disassembly but
these ones didn't come out.)

- - where does the choke cable come through the firewall (LHD car)?  I
flat forgot to keep notes on this.  There's a small hole under where the
   water valve cable comes through-- is that it?

Thanks!  Descriptions and GIFs accepted gladly!