Re: strange light behavior

To: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: strange light behavior
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 22:39:34 -0400
Here is a tip to help you diagnose the problem:

You can "flash" the high beams by pulling on stalk, even
when the lights are turned off.  When you do this, the current is
supplied through a totally different circuit than the one that
feeds the light switch.  So, if you can always successfully "flash",
the problem is probably in the regular light switch.

In any case, make sure to check the 4-way bullet connectors
that are in the very front center of the bonnet.  This type
of connector often goes flaky.  Order a bunch, since they are
used in many places throughout the electrical system.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit