Re: Kill switch

To: Dan Canaan <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Subject: Re: Kill switch
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 21:44:50 -0400
I rather like your idea of using the DPDT set up to energize the horn when the
switch is thrown to the kill position.  Hadn't thought of that one before.

As an ex-vandal and such, and a friend of car thieves, I would strongly
recommend
against placing the switch in places like under the dash or the seat.  Those are
areas checked before even attempting to start a car.  The switch will be found,
and set to the run position.

Instead, I'd recommend a completely covered switch.  Something like a contact
switch hidden in the upholstery of the door panel or under the shifter boot.
With no wires visible.