Re: Help identifying my engine

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help identifying my engine
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 17:28:03 -0400 (EDT)
Well, I'm still baffled, but not as disappointed as I was when I thought
the engine was much older than the original.

The Number is: FM125112UE
  which is about right for the car. But according to every catalog I have
it should have the maifold air injectors.  But it doesn't, and to my way
of thinking (and based on my experience with removing the system from my
72 MGB back in '74) this is a good thing.

However, the hamburgered up system that's on it now needs replacing and
apparently no one actually has the tube itself, so, here's another request.

Does anyone have the tube that runs from the air pump to the exhaust
manifold with or without the check valve that they would be willing to
part with??  The only other option is to try and do a better job on the
butcher job the DPO (or his mechanic and I use that term loosly!) did on
this one.

Thanks for all the help.

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.