Re: Weekend travels

To: <OC@46thFoot.com>, "Spitfire List (E-mail)"
Subject: Re: Weekend travels
From: "Dashwood, Dean" <dean.dashwood@enron.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 09:26:28 +0100
Mike,

Sorry to hear about Carly.  Sounds like she's got my car, Christine's,
old radiator!  In fact, I had an identical thing happen to me a month or
so after I bought Christine.  I decided to take the opportunity to
upgrade to an unleaded head while I had the head off anyway.

Once she's up and running, I guarantee you won't let her boil dry again
though!  I survived over two years with a leaky radiator, and never had
any problems after the first "incident", until my mechanic happened to
mention that he had a used one, less than a year old, lying around that
he'd supply me for less than half the price of a new one - and he fitted
it for free while he was doing some other work, too (otherwise I'd have
fitted it - it's really not difficult!)

Pity you couldn't even break down anywhere nice - Watford Gap is a bit
of a dump, isn't it!  But it wsan't you I stopped to talk to on the M40
on Saturday....  Anyway, good luck getting Carly fixed - there's plenty
of good times ahead to wipe out the memories of the bad!

Dean