eBay carpet

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: eBay carpet
From: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 12:38:21 EDT
Hi Gang.  Now that Rufio is safely in Phoenix, I'm about to begin the feeble
few things I can do regarding his restoration.
    Some of you have purchased carpet kits on eBay.  Currently a fellow known
as Britplocat@aol.com is selling carpet about once a week.  He seems to place
the reserve at just below $70 but the kits usually sell for $140 and above.
His website is British Parts Locator in Woonsocket, RI (hence the e-mail
name) and he apparently subs out the carpet manufacture to Carl's Automotive
Carpet & Upholstery.
    I recently e-mailed Britplocat to see if he could give me more info re:
loop pile vs. cut pile, and what each cost if I just buy direct.  Did not get
a response yet.
    Any suggestions?  Thanks!
Scott
Hobbs, 77 Spit, daily driver starter gave out yesterday
Rufio, 75 Spit, driveable but prepping for restoration

///