RE: Overpriced Spitfires?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Overpriced Spitfires?
From: Tim Psensky <spit71fire@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:57:09 -0800 (PST)
I agree with Bill Gingerich, I bought my first
spitfire (a 1973 with a '79 or '80 engine and radiator
setup) for $1200.  It was a Florida car and in pretty
decent shape.  Drove it for a year until I moved to
upstate NY and sold it (for $1200 I think).  I also
bought a 'Parts car' while in Florida for $100.  The
body was 100% rust free!  My current project cost me
$200, but really needs some work.  Still, when done I
hope to have less than $4000 or $5000 into it.
Considering most new cars sell for somewhere near
$20,000 these days, and a decent used car is at least
several thousand dollars, I think the uniqueness of
the spitfires and the fun of driving and fixing them
is a real bargain.
As a side note, I only have names for my car at 1:00
AM when the new parts won't go on right.

Tim
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/