Re: Oil filter adapter

To: "Greg Schluge" <gschluge@cstone.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil filter adapter
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:23:23 -0500
The filter that Wix lists for the Spit (#51312) comes with an adapter.
Once you buy one, you can keep the adaptor and it will fit other brands.

BTW, if you screw the adaptor all the way into the block, you may find
that it does not stick out especially far, and you may be able to screw
on the filter only a couple of turns before it is fully seated.
It usually works better to screw the adapter fully into the filter
first, and then screw both into the engine.  But try it both ways
to make sure...

Doug Braun
'72 Spit