Re: Ebay bidding

To: firespiter@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Ebay bidding
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 20:43:04 -0500 (EST)
Hi, Terry.

When I lost the original Herald/Spit/Vitesse/GT6 shop manual by $1, I
was bummed, but then realised that since that was the bid increment,
there was no way to know how much I really lost by.  It is possible
that the person who overbid me did so by $200 (if he/she considered
the manual to be extremely valuable, for instance), or maybe by just
$5.  In any case, I wouldn't try to outbid.  Leads to a bid frenzy
that can jack the price beyond reason.  (Sorry, Laura, I'm not into
it for the fun.)

And that's just fine with me.  (as I mentioned in my previous response
to Dave T.)

Donald.