re: other gauges

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: re: other gauges
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 11:31:04 -0800 (PST)
Also,
Yes, the o/p gauge is a mechanical one, but I haven't
been able to find a hose kit or compression fitting to
work on it yet. So it's a dummy right now.

I don't know if both of my gauges just aged or faded
differently than everyone elses, but the racing satin
black I mentioned is practically identical to the
gauge faces. (I must have bought about 10 cans of
spray paint trying to find a close enough match in
glossiness and shade.) So if anyone's thinking of
restenciling any of their gauges, I strongly suggest
you try that particular paint first $5. for a tiny
3oz. can.

-Terry