Fiats

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fiats
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:58:12 -0500
L.G. & list, just referring to my area and my experience with Fiats, when
they started mass selling of these cars in the late 50" through all of the
larger U.S. dealers, the dealers had no trained help, no parts, absolutely
no service available after the sale, they were only interested in ringing
the cash register and going on. The product very well could have been good,
the backup was extremely bad and this caused a word of mouth and
publications to start crying out loud and clear, the results are still
evident today. Remember we had the same thing in our sports cars, but these
cars were not for family use in those days as the Fiats were and most
British cars were being sold by small independent dealers not Detroit back
dealers, so I guess the results of very poor customer service have never
left the US buying public. "FT"