Spit Carb part missing - WANTED

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Spit Carb part missing - WANTED
From: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 09:44:36 -0500
Hello all,

I'm currently rebuilding my spare carb (Stromberg 150-CDSE) for my '69 Spit.
Since this is my first carb rebuild, I didn't want to mess the one that is on
the car working (not perfectly mind you) .  The problem I have is that the
spare one is missing the temperature compensator gizmo.  The whole thing!  I
asked my fellow club members yesterday if anybody had a spare one but no
success.

The catalogs I have don't show the whole assembly being available except for a
few pieces (I'm not counting buying the whole carb!).

Anybody knows if the one from a 175-CDSE will fit (The members did have a few
of those)?

If not, anybody has one (the temp compensator gizmo) for sale (hopefully
cheap)?

(If you have one for sale, you can contact me off-line)
Thanks in advance
Steph
Ottawa, Canada
'69 Spit - Hers (Carb being rebuilt while sleeping for the winter)
'71 TR6 - Mine (Dash being refinished while in pieces)