Re: Amperage/Gauge list ( too many numbers to care :-) )

To: Ptegler <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Subject: Re: Amperage/Gauge list ( too many numbers to care :-) )
From: flinters <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:27:39 -0800 (PST)
Voltage drops are often a killer in most automotive electrical systems.  A
good ground, and I mean a ground where you've attached a cable from the
battery to the chassis which has been scraped free of paint and crud, is
essential.  And then another to the block such as the starter mounting
bolts.  I personally run a cable from battery to chassis, then two more
from chassis to starter and one to the body tub.  Since this carries all
the power of the entire car, you want good solid grounds.

* Flinthoof Ponypal                                                 *
* Vegaman Dan                                                       *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com            Ponypics!                   *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com/spitfire   1968 Triumph Spitfire       *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com/roomies    Roomies! online comic strip *