remote clutch bleed

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: remote clutch bleed
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 19:28:29 -0600
Has anyone on the list actually built a remote clutch bleed, as was
discussed on the list this summer?

I thought I'd never bother, but with the demise of my master cylinder on
Friday, and the inky black fluid in the reservoir I thought I'd better
replace the whole system.

After getting my wife to gingerly sit in the car on blocks while I
crawled underneath to bleed the system, and failing, I thought there
must be 'that betterway'.

I  made an aluminum block, threaded to take a bleed screw and a brake
line from the slave cylinder, mounted on the bulkhead.

Now I can attach a big C clamp to the clutch pedal, reach over the door,
pump it up by hand, and at the same time reach the bleed screw on the
firewall with the other hand.  So, so much easier.

Anyone else do similar?  How did it turn out?  Any problems?

Cheers, Fred
--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths,
Calgary, Canada