Hood (Softtop) Cover Fitting

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hood (Softtop) Cover Fitting
From: "McKey, Paul" <P.J.McKey@massey.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:47:09 +1200
Hi all

I've got a question I haven't seen answered on the list before (but no doubt
it has been discussed before).

I've just ordered and received a very nice black/beige Mohair hood for my
Spit 1500 from Prestige Autotrim in the UK.  I haven't fitted it yet so
thought I'd ask if anybody has had any problems with fitting these
particular hoods.  They come with the poppers already installed (which is
good).

I also ordered a hood cover at the same time.  I have never seen a hood
cover installed on a Spit so I'm unsure about how it is done.  I'm guessing
the hood itself is installed in the stock standard manner.  the hood cover
has poppers installed along the back.  I guess when the hood is dropped
down, I'm supposed to then unpop the hood side poppers and pop on the hood
cover poppers.  Any other hints?  The hood and cover were supposed to come
with instructions but they don't appear to be here.  The hood was brought
back from the UK by a friend though, so they may have been misplaced in
transit.

All in all, a very fine product, and very reasonably priced for you
Americans with such a strong dollar.  Certainly isn't as good in my neck of
the woods.

Regards and thanks in advance,

Paul.

Paul McKey