Re: Blown Fuse

To: Dean.Dashwood@enron.com
Subject: Re: Blown Fuse
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 23:44:29 -0400 (EDT)
Hi, Dean.

I'm confused -- are you thinking of an electrical fire near the lamp
or near the position of the short.  I'm guessing the latter from your
comment about "location of the fire to spot the short", but the only
thing at all hot in the test rig I proposed is the lamp.  The purpose
of the lamp (in place of the fuse) is to limit the short-circuit
current to a safe value while still providing a visible indication of
the condition of the circuit under test (shorted to ground or not).

Either way will work, both safely, but I find the lamp more visible
from the awkward positions I find myself in while operating inside
LBCs.

Donald.