Re: Re: Good Seat Idea

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Re: Good Seat Idea
From: "Luke Lewis" <lukage@home.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:08:27 -0400
  When I got the car the seatback frame was broken near the pivot - The P.O.
had made a lovely t-shaped wooden brace to hold the back up... I decided to
weld it together, and I didn't feel like tearing the seat apart (I was 17 at
the time) so I went to my buddy's shop and he welded it up while I sprayed
water on it whenever it started smoking too much ... That seat stuffing
really smolders for a long time though, and it was leaving a vapor trail
from the back of my pickup on the way home, so of course I had to get home
fast... and I ended up hosing it down when I got home.
   Of course, the car sat in my barn for 6 more years before it was
safetiable, so the seats were also eaten by mice in a major way.  I don't
know how much of the soft stuff that's left in there is foam and how much is
mouse crap!

Luke