RE: Low compression in number 2

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Low compression in number 2
From: Jeff Gruber <jgruber@demainsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 09:44:09 -0500
I was surprised that my car would run with such low compression values.  In
a way, I was encouraged.  If it ran this well on two and two thirds
cylinders, it should run like crazy on four cylinders.

I have accumulated doubts about this garage and I don't have a good
alternative locally.  I think it is time for me to try this myself.

Hey, I'm old, but not stupid.

I think my best plan is to do as Bill J suggests.  Get a manual and figure
it out for myself.

Thanks everyone for the help.  I'll let you know how the novice engine
rebuilder fares.