Spit body on GT6 Rotoflex chassis

To: Spitfire Enthusisats List <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>,
Subject: Spit body on GT6 Rotoflex chassis
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 21:59:50 -0700
Don't let anybody tell you that putting a Spitfire body on a rotoflex chassis
is easy;  if you want a hand brake, that is!

Today I installed the Mk1 (Tiny Tim) body onto my chassis retrieved from a GT6
with Rotoflex.  It went on with no problems at all.  All
the holes lined up perfectly, the radius rods went easily into the new brackets
I installed on Tiny Tim's deck behind the seat.  Then I
went to hook up the E-Brake.

Here's the rub...  The Spit has the brackets that route the cable attached to
the frame.  Not so on the rotoflex.  They are attached to
the body.  Not wanting to tear them off the GT6 body (I'm sure Scott Barr
wouldn't appreciate that since he bought the body), I decided
to try and adapt the ones on the old Spit chassis.  So out comes the acetylene
torch, jack saw and many tools that all start with the
prefix BF.

It took me 6 hours to finally get a working system and I had to extend the
brake cable all the way to it's longest extent in order to
get it to reach both sides.

But it is all working and I can put the wheels back on tomorrow and won't have
to crawl under it again except to install the thing that
will have to pass for a muffler!!

Regards,
Joe