Re: Solenoid OK but Ignition switch collapsed

To: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>, "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Solenoid OK but Ignition switch collapsed
From: "John & Judy Tones" <jtones@home.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:30:54 -0700
Tim - I don't believe that you need to remove the "shear" bolts to take just
the switch off as others have said, however if anyone wants to remove these
bolts, here's what I did and it worked out AOK -
With a Dremel or such hand grinder and a very small "engraving" type bit I
cut a slot in the heads to accept a standard blade screwdriver. It does'nt
seem to take too much of a slot as on neither of the assemblies that I
removed this way the bolts were not all that tight. The bolts appear to be
made of some sort of alloy and were not very hard either and it would also
appear that the overall integrety of the bolt is not comprimised, except
that a screwdriver will now remove them, so they can be reused. Just another
1/2AT (1/2 A--ed Tip) but maybe it will help someone.

John, Victoria BC
'69 MKIII (in the attic)
'71 GT-6 (under the knife for a frame off resto)
'78 - 1500 , son's daily driver