I MADE IT !!!!!!

To: SPIT mail list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: I MADE IT !!!!!!
From: Philip Warburton <cplimey@home.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 15:32:41 -0700
Hello fellow listers ...

Well, if any of you have been following the threads, I have been attempting
to qualify my Spit for the British Columbia Collector Plate program.
In short, this will exempt me from yearly emissions regulation testing
(actually to change to every 2 years at double the cost ... $48 ... hmmm,
who are the idiots here??!!). And with the old cars and new emission
regulations, it is EXTREMELY hard to keep the car in perfect tune (OK, darn
near impossible!) and have it successfully pass the testing. And considering
the stupid testing exempts the smog blowing, soot spewing HGV's .. (sorry ..
Heavy Goods Vehicles) the whole process, to me, is laughable.
Sorry .. end rant .. never meant to start.

Also, the insurance declines to about 1/5 the regular insurance level ...
about $230 per year for my car.

Well, I had to do lots of work on the car, including replacing a severely
defaced dash that the PO did for speaker mounting; ripped and worn carpeting
replaced with brand new acquired at a local car yard; replaced wing mirror,
rear view mirror (thanks to Kevin Thompson), installed period correct radio
(thanks to Paul Mostrom) as well as a few other tweaks to get it back to
"showroom stock".
Also I replaced the driver seat back and the passenger squab that were
severely ripped and worn with "new" ones from yet another donor spit (RIP).
Also had to install correct tyres (155's) as the 205's were very worn and
gave the car a horrible ride ...
Despite my concerns over the 155's I am very happy with the handling and the
ride. Far superior.

All in all, it has been a winter of work (and early spring) and finally the
hard work has paid off.

It was worth it and the plates are in the process of being delivered to the
local insurance agent.

Philip
1975 Blue Spit FM32568U (about to get the BC  Collector Plates Installed!!)