Re: Wheel Studs

To: "Craig Smith" <CraigS@iewc.com>, "'Spit list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wheel Studs
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 07:37:55 -0700
Craig,

I have a whole section on my website devoted to replacing wheel studs.  You
need not remove the disc.  And no, you won't find wheel studs for Spitfires
at NAPA or any of the local auto parts stores. Been there, done that.
You'll have to order them from Spitbits, TRF, Victoria British, British
Parts Northwest, Ted Schumacher, etc.  Or if you have a local LBC graveyard,
you might find some good ones there...

http://www.ohms.com/spitfire/hard_lesson.shtml#studs

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!